What is a PAPREN Fellow?
Groups are a vital feature of PAPREN. They provide a place for networking, but their most important function is coordinating projects that result in products. PAPREN products may be manuscripts or commentaries that add to the evidence base. Products may also be tools that translate evidence to practice. Each Group commits to at least one product each year.
We have six standing PAPREN Work Groups. These are: Equity & Resilience, Parks & Green Space, Rural Active Living, School Wellness, Transportation Policy & Planning, and Worksite. We also have one PAPREN Interest Group, Pressing Issues.
Each Group has two or three co-chairs, who each volunteer their time. Managing a Group takes time and coordination, so the PAPREN Fellow model engages students or staff to help. Fellows may be:
- post-doctoral researchers
- students in doctoral or master’s programs
- masters level staff focused on work relevant to PAPREN’s mission
How does the PAPREN Fellow model work?
The PAPREN Coordinating Center supports up to one Fellow per Group per year to assist chairs with meeting logistics and help to lead projects. PAPREN Fellows are eligible to receive a $1,000 stipend. They work approximately 2-4 hours per month. They may perform all or some of the following tasks at the discretion of the Group chair(s):
- Work with Group leadership to set agendas and identify guest speakers
- Coordinate guest speaker schedules and topics
- Take notes and write minutes
- Manage Group listserv
- Send out reminders, announcements, and other information pertinent to the group
- Assist PAPREN Coordinating Center in updating Group page of PAPREN website
- Assist Group co-chairs with project identification, implementation, and coordination
- Lead or co-lead one Group project/product
What Groups currently need a PAPREN Fellow?
The following Groups are currently seeking a Fellow:
- Pressing Issues Interest Group
- Parks & Green Space Work Group
- Transportation Policy & Planning Work Group
How can I get more information?
Contact the Group co-chairs or PAPREN Program Director Karin Valentine Goins at email@example.com or 508-856-5675.